At St Illtyd’s, with God’s love, we play, learn and grow together
St Illtyd’s is a Catholic school of the Diocese of Menevia in which each individual grows in the knowledge and love of Christ. In partnership with parents and the whole community, our purpose is to provide a high standard of education, giving the maximum opportunity to realise each person’s potential.
We believe that to make this vision a reality, we must:
- Follow the example of Christ and in so doing, treat our children, families and staff with dignity and respect.
- Help our children and families and each other know of God’s love for all of us and to learn about the message of Christ through the Gospels.
- Provide a high quality, inclusive education for all where creativity and personality are allowed to blossom and thrive and where independence, motivation and perseverance become life-long skills.
- Nurture all individuals to develop confidence in themselves and have high self-esteem and ensure that the children achieve their full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- Encourage and motivate a highly skilled team of staff and continually develop our knowledge to ensure the best possible education for all of our children.
- Recognise the immense potential of working in partnership with the children’s families, the Parish and wider community in order to fulfil our wider ambitions for the children in our school.
- Support our children, their families and each other in the faith journey, in developing a knowledge and understanding of the traditions of the Catholic Church which include sacramental preparation.
- Foster in the children, respect for themselves and all human-beings and the environment and society in which they live so that they grow into kind and caring young people who respect others regardless of their faith or cultural backgrounds.